Metal braces were once the only treatment used to straighten teeth. Today, Invisalign is a ground-breaking orthodontic technology, which utilizes invisible aligners – also known as clear braces – to correct misaligned teeth. Instead of wires attached to your teeth as with traditional braces, your teeth can be straightened invisibly.
WHAT IS INVISALIGN®?
Invisalign® is clear
allowing you to straighten your teeth without anyone’s knowledge.
Invisalign® is removable
allowing you to eat and drink what you want during treatment.
Invisalign® allows you to brush and floss normally
to maintain good oral hygiene, thereby eliminating the risk of plaque buildup, periodontal disease and tooth decay.
The Invisalign® process
has been proven effective in orthodontic practices and clinical research across the nation.
COMMON PROBLEMS THAT INVISALIGN ADDRESS
When your teeth are too close together, they can become crooked and cause discomfort, difficulty cleaning, and lead to other dental problems.
Gaps between your teeth are generally undesirable cosmetically, but they are also a dental concern for increasing the chance of tooth decay.
When your lower and upper teeth are not aligned properly, it can cause difficulty chewing and lead to jaw and other dental problems.
Aside from generally being a cosmetic concern, overbites can also cause eating difficulties and other dental issues.
ITERO SCANNER – IMPRESSIONLESS SCANNING
For optimum care and patient comfort during the Invisalign process, Dr. Kurtz uses the latest technology, the iTero Scanner, to digitally capture the contours of your teeth. The result is highly accurate impressions and perfectly fitting aligners! Why is Invisalign even better with iTero? Click here to Learn More
AcceleDent® Speeds Up Invisalign Treatment by up to 50%. We offer our patients AcceleDent with their Invisalign treatment. AcceleDent is an electronic device that can significantly shorten the length of the clear braces treatment for orthodontic patients. Click here to Learn More.
THE INVISALIGN® PROCESS
1. During your first visit to Invisalign Toronto, a treatment plan will be mapped out with your goals in mind. Then, impressions of your teeth will be digitally taken in order for us to work with a computerized 3-D image throughout the treatment process.
2. Kurtz will plan your tooth movements for your entire treatment timeline. You will be able to see a virtual representation of your teeth before, during, and after completion of the Invisalign process so that you know what your smile should look like when the treatment is complete.
3. Based on your dentist’s precise treatment plan, customized aligners will be created with specialized Invisalign technology, for you to wear at each stage of your treatment. A full treatment typically includes 20-30 aligners per arch.
4. Each set of aligners is worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
5. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will shift slightly each week until they have straightened to their ideal position.
6. You will visit Dr. Kurtz approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as initially planned.