Metal braces were once the only treatment used to straighten teeth. Today, Invisalign is a ground-breaking orthodontic technology, which utilizes invisible aligners – also known as clear braces – to correct misaligned teeth. Instead of wires attached to your teeth as with traditional braces, your teeth can be straightened invisibly.
AcceleDent® Speeds Up Invisalign Treatment by up to 50%. We offer our patients AcceleDent with their Invisalign treatment. AcceleDent is an electronic device that can significantly shorten the length of the clear braces treatment for orthodontic patients. Click here to Learn More.
THE INVISALIGN® PROCESS
1. During your first visit to Invisalign Toronto, a treatment plan will be mapped out with your goals in mind. Then, impressions of your teeth will be digitally taken in order for us to work with a computerized 3-D image throughout the treatment process.
2. Kurtz will plan your tooth movements for your entire treatment timeline. You will be able to see a virtual representation of your teeth before, during, and after completion of the Invisalign process so that you know what your smile should look like when the treatment is complete.
3. Based on your dentist’s precise treatment plan, customized aligners will be created with specialized Invisalign technology, for you to wear at each stage of your treatment. A full treatment typically includes 20-30 aligners per arch.
4. Each set of aligners is worn for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush and floss.
5. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will shift slightly each week until they have straightened to their ideal position.
6. You will visit Dr. Kurtz approximately once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as initially planned.
7. Total treatment time averages at 9-18 months, although this will vary for each individual case.
What Is The Average Cost to Get Invisalign?
The average cost to get Invisalign ranges from $3,000 to $7,000. Most people pay about $5,000. The price depends on the condition of the person’s teeth. Your insurance can reduce the cost.
Is Invisalign Better Than Braces?
Invisalign applies force on the whole tooth. Doing so makes Invisalign better than braces for many individuals. Aligners are more comfortable than braces. Invisalign is removable so that you can eat or drink anything you want. You brush or floss more efficiently than you can with braces.
Is Invisalign Cheaper Than Braces?
Invisalign can be cheaper than braces in some cases. Metal braces average $3,000 to $6,000. Ceramic or lingual braces range from $4,000 to $10,000.
What Qualifies You For Invisalign?
The condition of your mouth determines whether you qualify for Invisalign. Crowded teeth and gaps between teeth are eligible conditions. Aligners correct problems such as moderate overbite, underbite, crossbite, and open bite. Some complex dental conditions may require braces instead.
Is Invisalign Worth Getting?
Your orthodontist will help you determine if Invisalign is worth getting. Aligners correct many teeth problems with minimal discomfort. They do not damage or stain teeth or injure your mouth.
Does Invisalign Help Straighten Teeth?
Invisalign straightens even very crooked teeth. In some cases, they work better than braces because they aren’t attached to your teeth. Aligners are also ideal for straightening teeth that are chipped or jagged.
What Are The Disadvantages of Invisalign?
The biggest disadvantage of Invisalign is that wearing them requires self-discipline. They must stay in your mouth for the prescribed time. It’s necessary to remove them to eat or drink most foods or beverages. Some people misplace them. Aligners are cleaned separately rather than as part of your usual oral hygiene.
If you would like to schedule your FREE consultation to discuss the Invisalign process and whether it is right for you, please contact us at Invisalign Toronto today.