Invisalign vs Metal Braces In Toronto
Invisalign® Straightens Teeth Without Metal Braces
In the past, metal braces were the best treatment for straightening teeth. Today, Invisalign® – the ground-breaking orthodontics technology – offers a wealth of advantages when compared with traditional metal and wire braces. If you live in the Toronto, ON, area, visit our office to experience the difference for yourself!
From all types of braces, dental patients prefer Invisalign® to traditional orthodontics for several reasons:
- Almost Invisible:As the name implies, Invisalign® is transparent as it is made from durable medical-grade plastic, and thus it is not nearly as noticeable as metal braces. Most patients, especially adults, prefer not to have metal tracks in their mouth. That is why we custom-fit a series of clear aligners to reposition your teeth, which are molded to gradually straighten your teeth into a beautiful smile.
- Improved Oral Hygiene:Unlike metal braces, in which food is prone to become trapped, Invisalign® is not comprised of any heavy hardware. The custom-molded aligners are removable and simplify oral hygiene. Invisalign® offers straighter teeth while it,
- Prevents periodontal disease
- Eliminates plaque buildup; and
- Reduces tooth decay
- Prevention of Additional Dental Problems: There is no need to worry about triggering other dental problems. Metal braces have a reputation for intensifying TMJ, and promoting other chewing difficulties and speech impediments. Straightening your teeth with the Invisalign® technology, on the other hand, does not lead to any complications.
- No Food Restrictions:With traditional orthodontics, certain foods are restricted while the Invisalign® technology allows you to eat whatever you please. As such, the Invisalign® technology does not disrupt your life in any way.
- Comfortable and Secure:Compared to other types of braces, the underlying benefit of Invisalign® is the comfort level. Completely free of wires, rubber bands and metal, patients experience significantly less mouth irritation and require fewer adjustments or dental appointments.
In addition, our 3-D computer technology allows you to actually see how your teeth will look after the treatment is complete!
If you are considering an orthodontics treatment, please contact your Toronto dentist today to schedule a free consultation.